An estimated 47% of children in Humboldt Park are obese or overweight, compared to a national average of 26%.
Organizations and community members committed to addressing this issue in Humboldt Park form the Active Lifestyles Task Force.
The activities of the task force promote active lifestyles for adults and youth to combat obesity and related health problems, including diabetes and heart disease.
If you would like more information about the work of the Active Lifestyle Task Force, or to join, please contact the Chair, Miguel Morales
Humboldt Park Resources for Active Living
The following organizations are resources in Humboldt Park for Active Living:
· Association House
· The Carroll Care Center
· Chicago Park District: Humboldt Park Field House
· Chicago Park District: Smith Park Field House
· Clemente High School Pool
· CommunityHealth Clinic
· CO-OP Humboldt Park
· Erie Family Health Center
· Kelly Hall YMCA
· McCormick Tribune YMCA
· Rumble Arts Center
· Union League Boys and Girls Clubs: Lafayette School Club
· Union League Boys and Girls Clubs: Barreto Boys and Girls Club
· West Town Bike